Orthotic devices can greatly enhance your standard of living whether it be a solution to pain or prevention of future issues.
Research studies have found that 85% of patients who receive orthotic therapy for relevant injuries report an improvement to complete resolution of pain.
Adelaide Podiatry Centre’s orthotics are unique arch supports, custom designed for individual feet utilizing the most cutting edge technology. Our orthotic process & design will ensure you receive that you are happy with and fit! We offer a range of different types of orthotics at our podiatry clinics.
Advanced Technology Means less costly Orthotics
Our 3D orthotic devices are laser manufactuered and there are two benefits from using cutting edge technology over hand-made devices:
- Exceptional accuracy to prescription: +/- 0.5mm (man made are subject to hand-eye error)
- Far less labour costs (laboratory technicians are $40 an hour)
Due to reduced labour costs you will found our more accurate devices are $150 to $300 less than other prescribers. You may qualify for a GAP FREE orthotic pair.
If you are a referring practitioner or scientifically minded we at Adelaide Podiatry Centres have dug up a few studies which evaluated the patient satisfaction of orthotics in terms of their effectiveness and comfort:
- Walter JH, Ng G, Stoitz JJ: A patient satisfaction survey on prescription custom-molded foot orthoses. JAPMA, 94:363-367, 2004.
In a 2004 study of 275 patients that had custom foot orthoses for over a year, the majority of subjects obtained between 60-100% relief of symptoms with only 9% reporting no relief of symptoms.
- Moraros J, Hodge W: Orthotic survey: Preliminary results. JAPMA, 83:139-148, 1993
In a 1993 study, 83% of 520 patients were satisfied and 95% reported their problem had partially or completely resolved with orthoses.
- Donnatelli R, Hurlbert C, et al: Biomechanical foot orthotics: A retrospective study. J Ortho Sp Phys Ther, 10:205-212, 1988.
In a study of 81 patients, 91% were “satisfied with orthoses” and 52% “wouldn’t leave home without them”.
Please note these studies are over 10 years old and orthotic technology has changed and we at Adelaide Podiatry Centres have cutting edge technology.