North Adelaide & Eastwood
- Do You Think your Bunion needs Surgery?
- Are You Worried that the Bump on the Inside of Your Big Toe is Getting Bigger?
- Have Your Feet Started to Ache when Walking?
- Is it Tender to Touch at the Site of the Inside of Your Big Toe?
- Is it Limiting the Shoes You can Wear?
At Adelaide Podiatry Centres, Bunions are one of the most common conditions we see. We would see a new case every day.
Bunions can be a serious problem for you. It’s a nasty condition and one that needs to be treated fast once it presents or ideally prevented in the first place. Most of our patients come in and it will not require surgery, but many will eventually. Some may not have pain. We have 3 goals with our treatment of bunions:
- Stop your Pain in the big toe joint
- Fix the causes so you will Never Need Surgery
- Stop if from getting Uglier
Bunions are generally caused by three things:
- Poor Footwear
- Hereditory Factors
- Flat, Mobile Flat Foot
Your Podiatrist cannot physically remove the bunion, however they can alleviate the pain it produces and retard its progression. At Adelaide Podiatry Centres we have our 3 Part Bunion Treatment System which treats the underlying factors which lead to a development of the Bunion.
The 3 Part Bunion Treatment System comprises of three components:
- Self Performed Big Toe Mobilization Program
- Modifying Your Footwear
- Addressing Biomechanics
We can reduce your pain by using padding. Any existing callus or corns are debrided providing immediate relief.