Shin Pain Adelaide
Shin Splints (Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome)
- Do you Experience a Sharp Pain on the Inside of the Shin?
- Worsen During and After Exercise?
- Ache the Following Morning or when You Cool Down?
- Is it Tender to Touch at the Site of the Inside Shin
Shin Pain is among the top five lower leg complaints we see at Adelaide Podiatry Centres. It is especially common among athletes particularly runners, footballers.
Shin pain can be a serious problem for you. It’s a nasty condition and one that needs to be treated fast once it presents or ideally prevented in the first place. Often our patients will report that they get to half time and can’t play anymore, playing with the kids gets harder and exercise becomes near impossible. It will be a major issue for you (and your sport plans) if you don’t act early.
Most cases of shin pain is caused by Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome or Tenoperiostitis. The other two common causes are Compartment Syndrome and Tibial Stress Fractures.
At Adelaide Podiatry Centres we have 3 Component Shin Pain Relief System which treats the underlying factors which lead to Shin Pain.
This System comprises of three components:
- 3 Step Shin Pain Relief Regime which involves an exercise program, stretching and massage
- Extracorporal Shockwave Therapy
- Addressing your Biomechanics Walking/Running Pattern