FULL TIME GRADUATE PROGRAM FOR A PODIATRIST INTERESTED IN BIOMECHANICS
Sports Science Podiatry Pty Ltd
Are you a motivated and dynamic podiatrist who wants to skyrocket in clinical skills in a fun supportive practice? Look no further, it is at the Adelaide Podiatry Centres.
If you want to know how great a first job it is...we can give you contact from our previous interns.
- Did you become a podiatrist because you loved sports and being active yourself?
- Was it a case of you seeing a health practitioner when you were younger and that inspired you to help people like yourself in the future?
- Have a thirst to develop your clinical knowledge and skills to provide the best patient outcomes going above and beyond the experience you had when you were the patient
- Are you a fun, personable, outgoing practitioner and have a desire to excel in private practice
- You feel like you don't have any mentorship…currently professional development for you involves being told how to sell a product rather than learning how to help your patients recover from their injury
- Your career so far isn't tracking in the path you wanted it to and know that there is a better opportunity waiting for you
We hire based on ATTITUDE and DESIRE. We can teach you the skills. Our current new graduates are loving their jobs and at capacity (we only allow our practitioners to be 80% full to avoid burnout).
Don't take our word for it. Watch the video (we actually have another for this years intern) and if you apply and you want the position enough we will get our interns to give you a call to tell you more about their job.
Things are about to change for you and here is why:
You'll be one of our high performance podiatrist and with your enthusiasm to learn and thirst for clinical knowledge you will become a superstar.
We are putting you on to add an extra dimension to our patient care. We feel we are at the forefront of patient outcomes in Adelaide and need you to take us from 5 star ratings to 6 star!
- We offer over 25 years of clinical experience in mentorship which you can access whenever you like.
- Weekly 60 minute Clinical Professional Development Sessions as a Team
- Weekly 30 minute Strength and Conditioning Training with our Exercise Physiologist
- Weekly 40 minute One-on-One with a Senior Practitioner
- We will pay for over $2000 in Professional Development per year to make you that Superstar. This includes a dry needling course, use of Shockwave, Low Level Cold Laser, Foot Mobilization Technique, Strength and Conditioning Rehabilitation Course
- You are about to embark on our 12 Month Graduate Program:
- 6 Week Practitioner Turnaround Program which will involve Practitioner to Patient Communication Skills
- Introduction to Shockwave Therapy
- Introduction to Dry Needling
- Computerised Running Analysis in Transverse and Sagittal Planes
- Advanced Orthotic Prescription (Blake Inverted/DC Wedge/Kirby Skive/Kinetic Wedge)
- Shockwave Therapy Accreditation Course
- Achilles Injury Intensive Training
- Advanced Foot Mobilization Technique
- Knee Pain (focusing on Patellofemoral Syndrome, Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome, Patellar Tendinitis, Tibiofemoral and Patellofemoral Osteoarthritis
- Shin Pain Training Intensive
- Forefoot Injuries Intensive
- Weekly Strength and Conditioning Sessions
- Big Toes Injury Intensive (Hallux Abductovalgus & Hallus Limitus/Rigidus)
- We are a well-established and progressive practice focusing on sporting, running and lower limb musculoskeletal injuries known for delivering excellent patient outcomes.
- With over 15 plus years of history and over 15,000 clients we are continuing to expand due to a popular following amongst patients, medical referrers, strong networks and an excellent community reputation.
- We have spent over $100K on state of the art technology including computerised gait analysis and extra corporal shockwave therapy, low level laser therapy and 3D laser scanning orthotic equipment.
- Strength and Conditioning Weights Gym to make our patients stronger than what they were before they experienced pain.
- No nursing home work and approximately less than a fifth of our work is general/routine podiatry
- We are a caring family orientated team who love to have fun, laughs and a bit of banter.
- We are situated less than a kilometre from the world reknown Adelaide Oval in the premier medical precinct of North Adelaide near major hospitals and specialists.
About Adelaide and South Australia
- In 2014, Lonely Planet rated Adelaide one of the Top 10 Cities in the World to visit.
- Lonely Planet rated Adelaide and South Australia on of the TOP 5 'must see places in 2017'.
"South Australia offers the coolest mix of brilliant wine country, abundant produce festivals, stark and stunning tracts of picturesque Aussie outback and crowd-free beaches that could even make the Bahamas jealous"
Lonely Planet Publications Asia Pacific sales and marketing director Chris Zeiher, 2017
- The Economist publication in 2017 rated Adelaide 5th in the Top Ten most Liveable Cities. A rank it has maintained in the past 3 years.
- In Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth can you do the following?
- Buy a 3 Bedroom house with Land for under $500K within 10km of the CBD?
- Rent your own Apartment within the CBD for under $250 a week?
- Go to your favourite sporting events, music concerts without taking your whole day out?
- Go to our beautiful beaches within 15 minutes from the city?
- Get out to the scenic Adelaide Hills within 20 minutes from the city?
- Hit our scenic Wine Regions of the Barossa Valley and McLaren Vale within an hour?
- Pay $15-20 to go to dinner at a nice restaurant?
- Not be stuck on a 3 Lane Freeway in peak hour?
- Only pay $2.50 an hour to park your car in the city?
Essentially we are looking for a young energetic practitioner looking for an inspiring practice to leap frog years in your learning curve and for you to reach your true potential.
Simply email your interest with a resume and cover letter directly to: email@example.com
Enter subject line: 'I want to be a Superstar Podiatrist'
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have professional indemnity insurance (pii)?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?