FULL TIME GRADUATE PROGRAM FOR A PODIATRIST INTERESTED IN BIOMECHANICS
Sports Science Podiatry Pty Ltd
Are you a motivated and dynamic podiatrist who wants to skyrocket in clinical skills in a fun supportive practice? Look no further, it is at the Adelaide Podiatry Centres.
If you want to know how great a first job it is...we can give you contact from our previous interns.
Are you a motivated and dynamic graduate or podiatrist who wants to ignite your career and boost your biomechanical and MSK clinical skills which has been undeveloped because of lack of exposure at uni or your previous caseloads?
Did you become a podiatrist because you loved sports and being active yourself? Did you default to podiatry, because you really wanted to be a physio seeing musculoskeletal cases, but didn't get in?
Was it a case of you seeing a health practitioner when you were younger and that inspired you to help people like yourself in the future?
Have a thirst to develop your clinical knowledge and skills to provide the best patient outcomes going above and beyond the experience you had when you were the patient?
Are you a fun, personable, outgoing practitioner and yearn to join a like-minded, vibrant supportive team which strive for best patient care and have a lot of fun whilst doing it?
Your career so far isn't tracking in the path you wanted it to but you know that there is a better opportunity waiting for you... or you are a new graduate and you want to kickstart it with the best learning opportunity in the area you are passionate about!
Look no further, than the Adelaide Heel Pain Clinic and SA Running Injury Clinic.
If you want to know how great a job it is... we are able to put serious applicants in touch with one of our departed podiatrists, who returned home interstate for personal reasons. We also have a podiatrist who joined our team in July (yes! we've actually grown over COVID) and has worked in a typical private private setting and they can tell you the differences between the two clinics.
We hire based on ATTITUDE and DESIRE. We can teach you the skills.
We are looking for a fun, positive and laid back person who loves to grow and work hard and be rewarded well for it.
Things are about to change for you and here is why:
You'll be one of our high-performance podiatrists and with your enthusiasm to learn and thirst for clinical knowledge you will become a superstar.
We are putting you on to add an extra dimension to our patient care. We feel we are at the forefront of patient outcomes in Adelaide and need you to take us from 5-star ratings to 6 stars!
We offer over 25 years of clinical experience in mentorship which you can access whenever you like.
Weekly 60-minute Clinical Professional Development Sessions as a Team
Two Weekly 30 minute One-on-One with Senior Practitioners
We will pay for over $2000 in Professional Development per year to make you that Superstar. This includes a Dry Needling course, use of Shockwave, Low-Level Cold Laser, Foot Mobilization Technique, Strength and Conditioning Rehabilitation Course
To get to know our Founder, please listen to the Podiatry Legends Podcast with William Kuang.
You are about to embark on our Biomechanical Program:
- 6 Week Practitioner Turnaround Program which will involve Practitioner to Patient Communication Skills
- Introduction to Shockwave Therapy
- Introduction to Dry Needling
- Computerised Running Analysis in Transverse and Sagittal Planes
- Advanced Orthotic Prescription (Blake Inverted/DC Wedge/ Kirby Skive/Kinetic Wedge)
- Plantar Heel Pain Intensive Training
- Achilles Injury Intensive Training
- Advanced Foot Mobilization Technique
- Knee Pain (focusing on Patellofemoral Syndrome, Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome, Patellar Tendinitis)
- Shin Pain Training Intensive
- Forefoot Injuries Intensive
- Weekly Strength and Conditioning Sessions
- Big Toes Injury Intensive (Hallux Abductovalgus & Hallus Limitus/Rigidus)
We are a well-established and progressive practice focusing on sporting, running and lower limb musculoskeletal injuries known for delivering excellent patient outcomes.
With over 15 plus years of history and over 25,000 clients, we are continuing to expand due to a popular following amongst patients, medical referrers, strong networks and an excellent community reputation. Rather than going backwards, we have actually grown significantly during the COVID epidemic.
We have spent over $100K on state of the art technology including computerised gait analysis and extracorporeal shockwave therapy, low level laser therapy and 3D laser scanning orthotic equipment.
We have a Strength and Conditioning Gym to make our patients stronger than what they were before they experienced pain.
No nursing home work and approximately less than a fifth of our work is general/routine podiatry
We are a caring family orientated team who love to have fun, laughs and a bit of banter.
We are situated less than a kilometre from the world-renown Adelaide Oval in the premier medical precinct of Melbourne Street, North Adelaide near major hospitals and specialists.
Essentially we are looking for an energetic podiatrist who seeks an inspiring practise to leapfrog years in their learning curve and for them to reach their true potential.
Simply email your interest with a resume and cover letter directly to:
Enter subject line: 'Make me a Superstar Biomechanical Podiatrist'
It would be highly advantageous if you attach a 1-2 minute why you think you would be the ideal candidate for this position. Every year we receive 25-30 applicants. We would like videos to be short (1-2 minutes) and all about: - who you are and what your values/interests in life are - why you think this role is for you - what do you want to achieve in this role/ where do you see yourself going? Videos do not need to be anything fancy – just yourself. Once you have filmed your video, please upload it to YouTube. To do this, sign into YouTube (you can use a gmail account). And follow these steps: 1. Upload the video by clicking on upload (at the top of the page). 2. Once your video is uploaded, go to the 'my videos' page. 3. Select the video, and click the edit button to access the video's settings. 4. Go the privacy section of the page and select unlisted and save changes via the button. 5. Once the video is uploaded and unlisted, please copy and paste the pages URL into email addressed. Please note: "Unlisted" means that only people who know the link to the video can view it (e.g. sending the link to us). An unlisted video will not appear in any of YouTube's public spaces (such as search results, your channel, or the Browse page).
Applications being received until 11th of October 2020. However, we move fast and if an outstanding applicant presents the position will be filled early.
Please review our clinics' websites and on Facebook:
About Adelaide and South Australia
- In 2014, Lonely Planet rated Adelaide one of the Top 10 Cities in the World to visit.
- Lonely Planet rated Adelaide and South Australia on of the TOP 5 'must see places in 2017'.
"South Australia offers the coolest mix of brilliant wine country, abundant produce festivals, stark and stunning tracts of picturesque Aussie outback and crowd-free beaches that could even make the Bahamas jealous"
Lonely Planet Publications Asia Pacific sales and marketing director Chris Zeiher, 2017
- The Economist publication in 2017 rated Adelaide 5th in the Top Ten most Liveable Cities. A rank it has maintained in the past 3 years.
- In Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth can you do the following?
- Buy a 3 Bedroom house with Land for under $500K within 10km of the CBD?
- Rent your own Apartment within the CBD for under $250 a week?
- Go to your favourite sporting events, music concerts without taking your whole day out?
- Go to our beautiful beaches within 15 minutes from the city?
- Get out to the scenic Adelaide Hills within 20 minutes from the city?
- Hit our scenic Wine Regions of the Barossa Valley and McLaren Vale within an hour?
- Pay $15-20 to go to dinner at a nice restaurant?
- Not be stuck on a 3 Lane Freeway in peak hour?
- Only pay $2.50 an hour to park your car in the city?
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- Do you have professional indemnity insurance (pii)?