Gait Analysis Adelaide
North Adelaide & Eastwood
Do you get pain when you walk or run?
Do your feet, ankles, shins or knees hurt after exercise?
Do you have abnormal wear on your shoes?
This can be a sign of alignment issues causing injury to your joints and muscles
- When you are walking your body absorbs up to three times your body weight with each foot strike.
- When you are running your body absorbs up to ten times your body weight with each foot strike.
- Studies show that up to 79% of runners develop an overuse injury in a year and 70% of these injuries will reoccur.
- Injuries to the knees, feet and lower legs make up 72% of all running injuries.
- The major cause of overuse injury is biomechanical alignment issues and poor running technique.
We perform a four page report from our Computerised Gait Analysis in-conjunction with a physical biomechanics assessment to set up your treatment regime. Treatment may involve prescribing:
- Appropriate footwear (specific shoe sneaker models- if it is exercise related)
- Gait Retraining
- Arch supports or 3D Laser Scanned Orthotics
Some typical biomechanical disorders we observe include:
- Excessive pronation
- Over supination