PLANTAR HEEL PAIN
Inflammation or degeneration caused by excessive stretching of the plantar fascia.
Plantar fascia is a thick ligament that supports the sole of the foot
- Dull ache or sharp pain when getting out of bed
- Dull ache or sharp pain when getting out of chair after sitting for a period
- Ache at end of the day
- Feels like a 'stone bruise'
- Poor foot function; flattening of arch causing plantar fascia to tear away
- Unsupportive/ soft footwear
- Tight calf muscle
- Body weight
- Sporting activity with poor training methods/ techniques
- Stretching, strengthening and icing
- Plantar fascia taping
- Radial Shockwave Therapy
- Address biomechanics (shoes/ orthotics)